How To get your website noticed by Google is the first and most important thing you need to learn once your website is up and running.
It is widely accepted nowadays that if your website is not indexed by Google then you “don’t” exist.
We all know that building a website today is as easy as 1,2,3…
OK not all of us do it in 1,2,3 steps….but it is easier than it was 5-10 years ago that’s for sure!
However, having a website is only the first part, it won’t be any good if you don’t have any visitors coming to it! That is why you built it in the first place right?
So the next question is How To Get Your Website Noticed By Google…?
Here I would like to reveal to you 12 simple steps that will get your website on the road to stardom!
Disclaimer: Please note that these steps are not a guarantee to get ranked on the first page of Google but they definitely are helpful in getting you on your way. There are many other factors that can affect your ranking.
Having completed writing your post and have added pictures to it these are the step to follow:
- Meta Title – Make sure you place your full title (which has your keyword in it) in the meta title window. Google has now changed the regulations for titles and they need to be 600 px long, a good place to check if your title is not too long is here
- Meta Description – Make sure you copy past part of your first paragraph, adjust to your liking up to 320 characters. This is the excerpt that the SERPS will show on Google so you want to make sure it is inviting your audience to click on your link.
- Keyword in content – You need to make sure that your keyword is within the first paragraph of your content and in your last paragraph, possibly in the “conclusion” of your post. Try to trickle it once more within the content, but don’t stress out too much about it, just write naturally.
- Alt Text in Images – make sure that every image you place in your post has your keyword placed in its Alt Text window. If you are using WP, you just click on the image and then click on the “pencil” icon to get into the “back-side” of the image, you will see the Alt Text window in there.
- Internal Links – when you have finished writing your post find at least 2 relevant places where you can link to other posts on your site, this shows Google inter-linking which is GOOD!
- External Links – if you have an Amazon site this is easily done, and if not then try to link at least once to an external site which complements your post (i.e. Wikipedia)
- Video Embedding – this is not a must, but if you can embed your own video in your post that is great or even a YouTube video that relates to your content. As for copyrights, any video on YouTube that has a “share” option available – that is OK to embed. Google loves video content in posts.
- Post to Social Media – Upload your post to all your social media pages, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Stumble, Pinterest, Instagram, SnapChat, to name a few.
- Fetch As Google – Having a website, it is important that you have your Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools all set up. In the Google Webmaster Tool you want to go to the Search Console and in the Menu find “Crawl” => “Fetch As Google” and enter the end part of your post’s URL in the appropriate window then click “Fetch” – this will let Google know that you have a new post to look and index.
- Crawl You Post – Another place to get Google to “crawl” your post is at this link: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url – just enter your full URL in it and hit submit, this will let Google know to “crawl” your site & post.
- Resubmit Sitemap – In Google Webmaster Tools you have a place to submit your sitemap, it is a good practice to submit it once in a while if it is not done automatically.
- Site Comments – Getting comments on your site is a way for Google to see and know that your site is liked, and discussions are being done – this is relevant to Google and this will help your ranking tremendously! If you don’t have a group of people that know your site and visit it, you can find groups in FB where there is traffic exchange – commenting on each other’s posts as they are being published. It’s also a great way to meet new friends and learn new things!
For the basic 7 strategies which will give you a full understanding of the above steps, you can have look at this great video which explains it all in much more details.
There you have it – the whole process spelled out step by step. With these steps, your site will definitely get a boost to its ranking.
So this is How To Get Your Website Noticed By Google!
Naturally, there is plenty more to learn and do when you manage a website, and with these 12 steps, you will be well on your way to rank well.
Orion is a Work @ Home mom who loves blogging & helping others succeed online. She truly believes and lives by the adage “do unto others as you would have done unto yourself”.
Loves living a Laptop lifestyle which enables her to work whenever and wherever she wishes, enjoying time with her family, long walks by the beach, reading, yoga, meditating and doing arts & crafts.
To read more of Orion’s blogs visit her site at www.Money-Making-Moms.com