Our mentor Bo Tipton told us to watch a Facebook live about the changes that are happening now.
And I have to tell you , this was an eye opener. Sarah Louise did an hour long session Facebook Live on all the things we need to know.
There are now 9 new criteria that we must understand in order to rank well with Facebook.
Facebook is trying to become more educational informative and entertaining. So everything we do must point to that.
Are you ready to hear them?
9 NEW CRITERIA FOR FB
- We are being ranked for the average time we spend on content! So if we just skim, that is also seen.
- Sharing Content, we can raise our rank if we see important message and share it to particular people on Messenger. That raises our rank.
- Multiple replies are what we want to each post. It shows we are building relationships, and that we are especially responsive when we RESPOND back. We want to be seen as approachable.
- Overall engagement: immediate interaction ranks well
- The time we post is crucial. If we are posting to our niche of mothers, we do not want to post when they might be putting their babies to sleep. So be aware of where your audience is during the day.
- The type of post. Make sure we are posting to our target audience. What is our niche looking for? Are we posting our story to make it relatable?
- Our Newsfeed. Connect with posts we truly like. Then genuinely engage. We want to be giving true value. And here is a big one, NO MORE JUST LIKE! Do hearts and emojis, it shows more interaction and connection.
- Engagement content.When you go to share click edit and add a few lines to the share. That will boost the algorithm score. And it shows you are putting out content that is unique to you. Oh and we all like to share, but according to Sarah Louise, we should not do it more than 2x per week!
- Facebook wants to become: educational, informative, entertaining and inspiring. So the questions to ask ourselves are how can I be these four things with each activity I do on FB.
Lots of new things to think about, yes?
Sarah Louise also suggests that we find people in our niche and truly connect with them. We find them first, then we message them. And this tip.
FIND FACEBOOK GROUPS SPECIFIC TO YOUR NICHE.
Post in these groups 2-3 times per week.
Be really interactive and do comments and emojis. This is a great way to brand yourself. And I know our mentor Bo has told us this over and over again. When people see you in these groups consistently, they will reach out to you. We have then built trust.
And we get more people to friend us when we are like minded, yes?
So this all comes down to just like in all parts of our business.
These are the questions we need to ask as we interact with our niche or target audience:
- What motivates them?
- What inspires them?
- What challenges them?
- How can we solve their problem?
- How an we work on creating interest with our own authentic interaction
Whew! So much new stuff to take in with FB changes.. but so helpful..yes?
So don’t forget, no more likes..do emojis...and interact as your heart connecting to another.. we all want authenticity in life, yes?
Off we go..to another great adventure in success!
Do let me know what you think of these changes and how you might address them?
In peace and gratitude,
Founder, CEO. success-full-living.com
“living one heart-centric-moment at a time!”